What Are The Top Five Things You Need To Know About Mold Remediation?
Mold can create many problems for a home or business owner; you won’t know there’s any issue ahead of time - a colony will be discovered, and you’re left having to manage it.
What Are Some Important Basic Mold FAQs For You To Understand?
- Mold is very common in buildings and homes. Mold will grow in moist places, such as around leaks in roofs, windows, or pipes or where there has been flooding. Mold grows well on paper, cardboard, ceiling tiles, and wood products. Mold can also grow in dust, paints, wallpaper, insulation, drywall, carpet, fabric, and upholstery.
- Everyone can practice mold prevention and keep their premises safe from an infestation. Once one has established itself, however, you may need professional help to remediate it; a mold infestation can never be wholly eradicated.
- Mold is found both indoors and outdoors. It can enter your home through open doorways, windows, vents, and heating and air conditioning systems. Mold in the air outside can also attach itself to clothing, shoes, and pets and can be carried indoors.
- Some people are sensitive to mold. For these people, exposure to molds can lead to symptoms such as stuffy nose, wheezing, red or itchy eyes, or skin. Some people, who suffer from mold allergies or asthma, may have more intense reactions.
- You can control mold growth by:
- Controlling humidity levels;
- Promptly fixing leaky roofs, windows, and pipes;
- Thoroughly cleaning and drying after flooding;
- Ventilating shower, laundry, and cooking areas.
How Can SERVPRO Help Me Manage A Mold Infestation?
A minor mold problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. We start the remediation process immediately after you contact us. A faster response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, the cornerstone of our business. We have the training and expertise to handle any mold situation safely. On our team of highly-trained technicians, we have:
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialists
- Water Damage Restoration Technicians
- Applied Structural Drying Technicians
Call SERVPRO of Huron & East Seneca Counties at (419) 443-1790 for help with any disaster. In addition to mold remediation services, we handle fire, water, storm damage mitigation services, and much more!
This franchise is independently owned and operated.